Quick Alpine Gitlab Runner
- A Hypervisor, I use Proxmox
- A VM with Alpine installed with enough space to host whatetever is intended to be hosted
- A running gitlab instance, in my case gitlab.centerionware.com
- A gitlab read_api key for your gitlab instance
- A gitlab project id number for a project you want this runner to work.
Install Alpine and configure a few base packages¶
In my setup I use proxmox to create a VM for the project, if I'm hosting a game server like 7 days to die it will need around 20GB of space. So allocate that first.
apk add nano nano /etc/apk/repositories
apk add docker curl wget jq qemu-guest-agent bash rc-update add docker boot rc-update add qemu-guest-agent boot service docker start service qemu-guest-agent start
wget -O alpine-onboard.sh https://alpine-runner.centerionware.com nano alpine-onboard.sh
If all goes well the gitlab runner is now available and enabled for the project id set when running the alpine-onboard.sh.